Wicket Training Curriculum
Here are some of the topics that are typically covered, or have been covered with others in the past:
- How to create, structure, and configure your first application
- “The Wicket Way” - the learning curve is quick, but there are some things you need to beware of Foundation - many of the standard components that you will use time and time again
- Forms - how to use them, validate them, tell the user what went wrong (or right).
- How do you build your application so that it has a common UI? We can do that. We’ll cover the use of several different techniques: Borders, Markup Inheritance, Panels, Fragments, etc.
- ListView, DataTable, Trees, and others - how to present collections of information
- URLs - how to make them “pretty”
- Authentication Techniques
- Ajax Behaviours
- Ajax Page Manipulation
- Modal Windows
- Localization / Internationalisation
- Resources / Dynamic Resources
- Writing Your Own Reusable Components
- Attribute Modifiers
- Spring (or Guice) Integration
- Detachable Models
- jQuery Integration
If you don’t see a topic here that you are looking for, please let me know. I can tailor the class to your needs around just about any topic. If I can’t cover the topic (say, for instance, integrating Wicket with your Fortran system), I’ll tell you honestly.